Fighting out of Eindhoven, Netherlands, Chris “The African Warrior” Ngimbi, 34, has earned his first victory in ONE Championship’s striking-only league ONE Super Series. In his most recent bout, the kickboxer of Congolese descent defeated his Armenian-Italian opponent.
Ngimbi made his ONE Super Series debut on May 18, 2018 at “ONE: Unstoppable Dreams” at the Singapore Indoor Stadium in Kallang, Singapore. He lost to Yodsanklai “The Hero” IWE Fairtex, 33, via unanimous decision.
On July 27, 2018, Ngimbi competed in ONE Super Series for the second time, facing Armen Petrosyan of Gorizia, Italy at “ONE: Reign of Kings” at the SM Mall of Asia Arena in Pasay City, Metro Manila, Philippines. In the end, the Congolese-Dutch kickboxer had his hand raised by referee Atsushi Onari via split decision.
Before joining ONE Championship, Ngimbi lost to his “ONE: Reign of Kings” opponent’s brother Giorgio “The Doctor” Petrosyan, 32, at “PetrosyanMania” via unanimous decision. Meanwhile, here are the official “ONE: Reign of Kings” results:
- Featherweight bout: Xie Bin defeats Sor Sey by Submission (Guillotine) at 1:55 minutes of round 1
- Strawweight bout: Rene Catalan defeats Stefer Rahardian by Unanimous Decision (UD) after 3 rounds
- ONE Super Series (Muay Thai) Catch Weight (68.0kg) bout: Chamuaktong Fightermuaythai defeats Brown Pinas by Unanimous Decision (UD) after 3 rounds
- Strawweight bout: Joshua Pacio defeats Pongsiri Mitstatit by Submission (Armlock) at 3:37 minutes of round 1
- ONE Super Series (Muay Thai) Bantamweight bout: Panicos Yusuf defeats Han Zi Hao by Unanimous Decision (UD) after 3 rounds
- ONE Super Series (Muay Thai) Catch Weight (72.5kg) bout: Chris Ngimbi defeats Armen Petrosyan by Split Decision (SD) after 3 rounds
- Lightweight bout: Garry Tonon defeats Rahul Raju by Submission (Rear Naked Choke) at 3:27 minutes of round 3
- Lightweight bout: Eduard Folayang defeats Aziz Pahrudinov by Unanimous Decision (UD) after 3 rounds
- Welterweight bout: Renzo Gracie defeats Yuki Kondo by Submission (Rear Naked Choke) at 1:40 minutes of round 2
- Lightweight bout: Shinya Aoki defeats Shannon Wiratchai by TKO (Strikes) at 2:16 minutes of round 1
- ONE Interim Bantamweight World Championship bout: Kevin Belingon defeats Martin Nguyen by Unanimous Decision (UD) after 5 rounds