Fighting out of Cyprus, Panicos Yusuf, 33, was successful in his debut in ONE Championship’s striking-only league ONE Super Series. He earned the victory in his mother’s home country Philippines.
Yusuf was born in Limassol, Cyprus to a Turkish-Cypriot father and Filipino mother. On July 27, 2018, Yusuf made his ONE Championship debut at “ONE: Reign of Kings” at the SM Mall of Asia Arena in Pasay City, Metro Manila, Philippines, which also marked the first time he competed in the country.
At “ONE: Reign of Kings,” Yusuf competed in a ONE Super Series Muay Thai bantamweight bout against Han Zi Hao, 23, of China. Like the Filipino-Cypriot fighter, the Chinese contender was making his ONE Championship debut.
After three rounds, Yusuf had his hand raised by referee Atsushi Onari as the winner via unanimous decision. Here are the official “ONE: Reign of Kings” results:
- Featherweight bout: Xie Bin defeats Sor Sey by Submission (Guillotine) at 1:55 minutes of round 1
- Strawweight bout: Rene Catalan defeats Stefer Rahardian by Unanimous Decision (UD) after 3 rounds
- ONE Super Series (Muay Thai) Catch Weight (68.0kg) bout: Chamuaktong Fightermuaythai defeats Brown Pinas by Unanimous Decision (UD) after 3 rounds
- Strawweight bout: Joshua Pacio defeats Pongsiri Mitstatit by Submission (Armlock) at 3:37 minutes of round 1
- ONE Super Series (Muay Thai) Bantamweight bout: Panicos Yusuf defeats Han Zi Hao by Unanimous Decision (UD) after 3 rounds
- ONE Super Series (Muay Thai) Catch Weight (72.5kg) bout: Chris Ngimbi defeats Armen Petrosyan by Split Decision (SD) after 3 rounds
- Lightweight bout: Garry Tonon defeats Rahul Raju by Submission (Rear Naked Choke) at 3:27 minutes of round 3
- Lightweight bout: Eduard Folayang defeats Aziz Pahrudinov by Unanimous Decision (UD) after 3 rounds
- Welterweight bout: Renzo Gracie defeats Yuki Kondo by Submission (Rear Naked Choke) at 1:40 minutes of round 2
- Lightweight bout: Shinya Aoki defeats Shannon Wiratchai by TKO (Strikes) at 2:16 minutes of round 1
- ONE Interim Bantamweight World Championship bout: Kevin Belingon defeats Martin Nguyen by Unanimous Decision (UD) after 5 rounds