Rafael “Indio” Nunes, 30, of Sao Paulo, Brazil will face Movlid “Killer” Khaibulaev, 28, of Moscow, Russia at “ONE: Pursuit of Greatness” at the Thuwunna Indoor Stadium in Yangon, Myanmar on October 26, 2018. ONE Championship will feature three ONE Super Series kickboxing contests and nine mixed martial arts matches on the fight card.
Nunes is one of the two Brazilian athletes at “ONE: Pursuit of Greatness” while Khaibulaev is the only Russian representative. In the 11th bout of the evening, which is the co-main event, the two will compete in an MMA bout in the featherweight division.
A Brazilian jiu-jitsu brown belt, Nunes is equally comfortable finishing his opponents by submission or by strikes. He is the former Premier FC Lightweight Champion and he holds a professional MMA record of 11 wins and 2 losses.
The Sao Paulo native has a knack for winning by exciting finish. All but one of his wins has ended within the distance.
On the other hand, Khaibulaev is an undefeated professional MMA fighter with 13 wins. A combat sambo specialist, he combines both striking and grappling skills very well, giving his opponents different looks both on offense and on defense.
Khaibulaev has spent the majority of his career competing in Russia and is determined to find success in Asia. He will make his ONE Championship debut at “ONE: Pursuit of Greatness.”
In the main event of “ONE: Pursuit of Greatness,” two-division world champion “The Burmese Python” Aung La N Sang, 33, of Myanmar will defend his ONE Middleweight World Championship title from undefeated fighter Mohammad “O Lutador” Karaki, 27, of Lebanon. The former is also the reigning ONE Light Heavyweight World Champion.
“ONE: Pursuit of Greatness” will be the second ONE Championship event in Myanmar in 2018. Here is the complete fight card:
- Flyweight MMA: Rudy Agustian (Indonesia) vs Asraful Islam (Bangladesh)
- Flyweight ONE Super Series kickboxing: Joseph Lasiri (Italy) vs Josh Tonna (Australia)
- Bantamweight MMA: Ma Xu Dong (China) vs Ahmad Qais Jasoor (Afghanistan)
- Strawweight MMA: Ye Thway Ne (Myanmar) vs Mite Yine (Myanmar)
- Welterweight MMA: Luis Santos (Brazil) vs Daichi Abe (Japan)
- Strawweight MMA: Dejdamrong Sor Amnuaysirichoke (Thailand) vs Himanshu Kaushik (India)
- Bantamweight ONE Super Series kickboxing: Han Zi Hao (China) vs Ryan Jakiri (Philippines)
- Featherweight MMA: Emilio Urrutia (USA) vs Kazuki Tokudome (Japan)
- Light heavyweight ONE Super Series kickboxing: Ibrahim El Bouni (Morocco) vs Tarik Khbabez (Morocco)
- Featherweight MMA: Phoe Thaw (Myanmar) vs Keanu Subba (Malaysia)
- Featherweight MMA: Rafael Nunes (Brazil) vs Movlid Khaibulaev (Russia)
- ONE Middleweight World Championship: Aung La N Sang (Myanmar) vs Mohammad Karaki (Lebanon)