Italy and Australia will be represented in the ONE Championship event titled “ONE: Pursuit of Greatness,” which will take place at the Thuwunna Indoor Stadium in Yangon, Myanmar on October 26, 2018. The fight card features three ONE Super Series kickboxing contests and nine mixed martial arts matches.”
In the second bout of the evening, Joseph “The Hurricane” Lasiri, 27, of Milan, Italy will face Josh “Timebomb” Tonna, 30, of Canberra, Australia. They will compete in a ONE Super Series kickboxing contest in the flyweight division.
A product of the flourishing Muay Thai scene in Milan, Lasiri has become one of Europe’s most well-respected kickboxing competitors. He has captured the World Boxing Association Super Bantamweight and interim World Boxing Council Super Bantamweight Muay Thai World Championships under the tutelage of Diego Calzolari, the first Italian to ever win at the world-famous Rajadamnern Stadium in Bangkok, Thailand.
Lasiri made his first ONE Super Series appearance on January 14, 2018 in a historic bout against Sam-A Gaiyanghadao. It was the first-ever Muay Thai bout inside the ONE Championship cage.
On the other hand, “ONE: Pursuit of Greatness” will mark Tonna’s second ONE Super Series bout. He is a Muay Thai practitioner and professional kickboxer representing Stockade Training Centre in Canberra.
Tonna is the former WMC International Muay Thai Champion. He holds a professional Muay Thai record of 31 wins and 16 losses.
In the main event of “ONE: Pursuit of Greatness,” two-division world champion “The Burmese Python” Aung La N Sang, 33, of Myanmar will defend his ONE Middleweight World Championship title from undefeated fighter Mohammad “O Lutador” Karaki, 27, of Lebanon. The former is also the reigning ONE Light Heavyweight World Champion.
“ONE: Pursuit of Greatness” will be the second ONE Championship event in Myanmar in 2018. Here is the complete fight card:
- Flyweight MMA: Rudy Agustian (Indonesia) vs Asraful Islam (Bangladesh)
- Flyweight ONE Super Series kickboxing: Joseph Lasiri (Italy) vs Josh Tonna (Australia)
- Bantamweight MMA: Ma Xu Dong (China) vs Ahmad Qais Jasoor (Afghanistan)
- Strawweight MMA: Ye Thway Ne (Myanmar) vs Mite Yine (Myanmar)
- Welterweight MMA: Luis Santos (Brazil) vs Daichi Abe (Japan)
- Strawweight MMA: Dejdamrong Sor Amnuaysirichoke (Thailand) vs Himanshu Kaushik (India)
- Bantamweight ONE Super Series kickboxing: Han Zi Hao (China) vs Ryan Jakiri (Philippines)
- Featherweight MMA: Emilio Urrutia (USA) vs Kazuki Tokudome (Japan)
- Light heavyweight ONE Super Series kickboxing: Ibrahim El Bouni (Morocco) vs Tarik Khbabez (Morocco)
- Featherweight MMA: Phoe Thaw (Myanmar) vs Keanu Subba (Malaysia)
- Featherweight MMA: Rafael Nunes (Brazil) vs Movlid Khaibulaev (Russia)
- ONE Middleweight World Championship: Aung La N Sang (Myanmar) vs Mohammad Karaki (Lebanon)