Thailand and India will be represented in the ONE Championship event titled “ONE: Pursuit of Greatness,” which will take place at the Thuwunna Indoor Stadium in Yangon, Myanmar on October 26, 2018. The fight card features three ONE Super Series kickboxing contests and nine mixed martial arts matches.
In the sixth bout of the evening, Dejdamrong “Kru Rong” Sor Amnuaysirichoke, 39, of Trang, Thailand will face Himanshu Kaushik, 26, of Delhi, India. They will compete in an MMA bout in the strawweight division.
Dejdamrong is a former ONE Strawweight World Champion with a professional MMA record of 8 wins and 4 losses. He is also a three-time Lumpinee Stadium World Champion with a Muay Thai record of 282 wins, 65 losses and 3 draws.
Known as a technical striker with lightning-quick hands and feet, Dejdamrong employs some of the most unique and creative offensive combinations. He is martial arts veteran with over 25 years of competitive experience.
On the other hand, Kaushik holds a professional MMA record of 4 wins and 2 losses and he is representing Delhi Wushu Academy. He is the former Indian National Wushu Champion and he holds a Wushu record of 71 wins and 7 losses.
Kaushik joined ONE Championship in February 2017, looking to prove himself on the global stage of martial arts competition. He has competed mostly in India and he believes that “ONE: Pursuit of Greatness” will give him his chance to strike gold.
In the main event of “ONE: Pursuit of Greatness,” two-division world champion “The Burmese Python” Aung La N Sang, 33, of Myanmar will defend his ONE Middleweight World Championship title from undefeated fighter Mohammad “O Lutador” Karaki, 27, of Lebanon. The former is also the reigning ONE Light Heavyweight World Champion.
“ONE: Pursuit of Greatness” will be the second ONE Championship event in Myanmar in 2018. Here is the complete fight card:
- Flyweight MMA: Rudy Agustian (Indonesia) vs Asraful Islam (Bangladesh)
- Flyweight ONE Super Series kickboxing: Joseph Lasiri (Italy) vs Josh Tonna (Australia)
- Bantamweight MMA: Ma Xu Dong (China) vs Ahmad Qais Jasoor (Afghanistan)
- Strawweight MMA: Ye Thway Ne (Myanmar) vs Mite Yine (Myanmar)
- Welterweight MMA: Luis Santos (Brazil) vs Daichi Abe (Japan)
- Strawweight MMA: Dejdamrong Sor Amnuaysirichoke (Thailand) vs Himanshu Kaushik (India)
- Bantamweight ONE Super Series kickboxing: Han Zi Hao (China) vs Ryan Jakiri (Philippines)
- Featherweight MMA: Emilio Urrutia (USA) vs Kazuki Tokudome (Japan)
- Light heavyweight ONE Super Series kickboxing: Ibrahim El Bouni (Morocco) vs Tarik Khbabez (Morocco)
- Featherweight MMA: Phoe Thaw (Myanmar) vs Keanu Subba (Malaysia)
- Featherweight MMA: Rafael Nunes (Brazil) vs Movlid Khaibulaev (Russia)
- ONE Middleweight World Championship: Aung La N Sang (Myanmar) vs Mohammad Karaki (Lebanon)