Bahrain-based mixed martial arts promotion Brave Combat Federation hosted its 17th event at the Nistar Park Sports Complex in Lahore, Pakistan on October 27, 2018. “Brave 17” featured 10 bouts with fighters representing 12 countries.
The fight night featured intense rounds of action featuring heated rivalries, outbursts of emotions and athletes showcasing intense showmanship. The fight night started with two inspiring bouts that set the tone for the night as two hometown heroes emerged victorious.
In the third bout of the evening, Haider “The Giant” Farman, 22, of Islamabad, Pakistan competed against Ariel “The Lady Boxer” Oliveros, 24, of Ormoc, Leyte, Philippines in the strawweight division. It was the Filipino fighter’s Brave CF debut and the third appearance of the Pakistani contender in the promotion.
Referee Marc Goddard put a stop to the strawweight bout between Farman and Oliveros in the second round. In a bout that showcased solid standup action, the Islamabad native finished the bout with a guillotine choke submission.
On November 16, 2018, Brave CF will showcase its 18th event in the Kingdom of Bahrain during Brave International Combat Week 2018, which is the largest combat sports festival in Asia. The fight night will feature two championship title defenses, which are for the lightweight and bantamweight divisions, and the inaugural featherweight championship.
Seven Pakistani fighters competed at “Brave 17.” Here are the official results:
- Abbas Khan (Pakistan) defeats Sikander Badar (Pakistan) by Technical Knockout (Round 1)
- Najam Khan (Pakistan) defeats Mohammad Wasim (Afghanistan) by Technical Submission (Round 3)
- Haider “The Giant” Farman (Pakistan) defeats Ariel “The Lady Boxer” Oliveros (Philippines) by Guillotine Choke Submission (Round 2)
- John Brewin (New Zealand) defeats Ahmed “The Butcher” Amir (Kuwait) by Technical Knockout (Round 2)
- Yibugele (China) defeats Zia Mashwani (Pakistan) by Knockout (Round 3)
- Aidan James (Wales) defeats Frans “The Black Mamba” Mlambo (Ireland) by Technical Submission (Round 1)
- Mehmosh “The Renegade” Raza (Pakistan) defeats Arben “Big Bang” Escayo (Philippines) by Guillotine Choke Submission (Round 1)
- P. Buys (South Aftica) defeats Gamzat Magomedov (Bahrain) by Disqualification due to Repeated Fouls (Round 2)
- Jeremy “The Juggernaut” Pacatiw (Philippines) defeats Uloomi “Kratos” Kareem (Pakistan) by Unanimous Decision
- Abdoul “Sinistro” Abdouraguimov (France) defeats Rodrigo Cavalheiro (Brazil) by Unanimous Decision
Farman had his first win in Brave CF at “Brave 9: The Kingdom of Champions.” Watch his first promotional victory here: